Register  /   My Profile High School   /   College   /   Professional
   Who's On Right Now: Silent Stalkers: 567 | Cool Members: 0
Home > All Categories > College Sports > Idaho > Basketball

March Madness!
Reply   New Topic   show replies:   viewing threshhold:

Ravsten

Total Posts: 4489

March Madness!  3/12/2012 1:57:57 PM score: 0    hide

Now that March Madness is about to get under way I want anyone who is interested to give their opinion on who will win it all.

I am going to have to go with Kentucky. They look like a real solid team. A few other good teams that might make it; Kansas and possibly UNC. North Carolina is pretty good but I don't know if they have what it takes. And as much as I hate to say this I know Duke won't go far in the tournament. They have such good players but don't seem to have much leadership and they have much to learn. Losing Rivers and the Plumlee brothers if they decide to leave early for the NBA is going to hurt the Blue Devils next year.

Ravsten

Re: March Madness!  3/19/2012 4:54:08 PM score: 0    hide

Seems like not many on here are college basketball fans.

stinger58

Total Posts: 5877

Re: Re: March Madness!  3/20/2012 10:45:46 AM score: 0    hide

Ravsten, not many post on the college thread, and I don't know why. I am in a pool and I have Kentucky and Ohio St. in the championship with Kentucky as the winner If this happens and Louisvill beats MSU guess what? I WIN!!! There is onl one other in the pool that has those two in the finals. He has MSU over Louisville. If that happens he will be 1st and I will be 2nd. You know I'm a big college basketball fan when I tell you that in the first 4 days, I watched 48 hrs. of basketball. Your prediction of Duke proved to be prophetic but it was a shame. If they play Notfolk 100 times Duke wins 99. Then Florida beats Norfolk by 34 points. I would really be surprised if Rivers went to the NBA yet. He has a lot of growth yet and I'll bet his dad wants him to get that education. There's no doubt that he will go at some point, but not right now.

Ravsten

Re: March Madness!  3/22/2012 7:56:04 PM score: 0    hide

I agree with you on Kentucky but I'm not as sure on who will make it on the other side of the bracket. As far as Duke exiting early, I don't think many people thought they would lose the first round but I wasn't surprised at all. Hopefully next year is better for my Devils.

stinger58

Re: Re: March Madness!  3/23/2012 9:42:09 AM score: 0    hide

Well, Duke certainly let me down, but after yesterday's games I am sitting in pretty good shape. I agree with Ohio St having to play their best to get to the championships, but they don't have to beat Kansas and North Carolina both, just one of them. Those will be two great games on that side of the bracket, Syracuse against Ohio St and North Carolina against Kansas. With this level of basketball it is almost unbelievable how had it is to win 6 straight.

stinger58

Re: Re: Re: March Madness!  3/24/2012 8:25:23 PM score: 0    hide

Ravsten, I think we are alone on this one. There have been some very good games since we posted. My 2 championship teams are still in, but even if they do make the big dance, I am going to lose by one point and will end up 2nd, because my opponent has a one point lead and I can't catch him. Our bracket is the same from here on out. You don't know how bad I hate to lose. Just ask elspanko !

Reply   New Topic