Register  /   My Profile High School   /   College   /   Professional
   Who's On Right Now: Silent Stalkers: 176 | Cool Members: 0
Home > All Categories > High School Sports > Idaho > Idaho High School Football

2A Nuclear Conference
Reply   New Topic   show replies:   viewing threshhold:

Sportsfan18

Total Posts: 47

2A Nuclear Conference  10/1/2017 5:32:44 PM score: 0    hide

Had the privilege of watching the NF vs WJ game this weekend. From my perspective NF dominated the first half running all over the WJ defense and shutting down the offense for the most part. As the second half went on you could see the WJ style of offense start to takes it toll on NF's defense. Now that NF has beat WJ is there anyone in the Nuke that is going to be able to give them a run for their money. Credit to WJ for a tough team that never gave up even when the game wasn't looking in their favor and props to them for making a game out of it. I look for WJ to be the second best team in the Nuke come the end of the year

nukefan

Total Posts: 809

Re: 2A Nuclear Conference  10/1/2017 8:40:13 PM score: 0    hide

The game of the year could possibly be Ririe at Firth Friday. Is it possible the Cougars finish 4th and don't go to state? I just don't see that happening. I see the Cougars beating the improved Bulldogs and then, Coach Drake's defense seems to have the WJ offense figured out so I think the Cougs go in 2nd. Where the NF/Firth game is at NF I see the Huskies pulling that one out. Might have to make the trip to Firth Friday to see that one.

bluetrue6

Total Posts: 6

Re: 2A Nuclear Conference  10/2/2017 8:06:25 AM score: 0    hide

I thought the second half to the NF/WJ game was more evenly matched and competitive. Both teams scored two touchdowns but this game was never even close. I felt WJ's coaches made some bad decisions that made it easy for NF to score especially in the first half. For example, going for it on fourth down on their own 35 yard line. They didn't make it and several plays later NF was up 14 to 0. I do give WJ credit though they continued to fight. There is still a lot of football left so who knows what will happen. I wouldn't be so fast to say WJ gets beaten by Firth. Firth isn't as strong as they were last year and WJ has some good players. That might be a very competitive game.

jall

Total Posts: 145

Re: 2A Nuclear Conference  10/2/2017 9:57:10 AM score: 0    hide

The play in games between the 5th and 6th are going to be brutal. Its too bad these two districts have to eliminate each other.

fan2912

Total Posts: 1152

Re: 2A Nuclear Conference  10/3/2017 12:20:43 AM score: 0    hide

I really think the 6th district champion gets an easy road to the state semi finals. Playing 5D the first round is a boring game. The other 2 games could be great. 5A vs 6C and 5B vs 6B. Those will be great first round games with both games going either way. As tough as district 5 is they could be out in the play in round. 5C stands no chance against 4A (Declo).

fan2718

Total Posts: 4

Re: 2A Nuclear Conference  10/4/2017 12:08:10 AM score: 0    hide

I also watched the WJ and NF game. The WJ boys were not themselves that night. They had a spud harvest break and a lot of them had been working late and up early. NF is a good team but it would be interesting to have another game when the WJ boys aren’t so tired.

Sportsfan18

Total Posts: 47

Re: 2A Nuclear Conference  10/4/2017 1:14:27 AM score: 0    hide

NF is also on spud break and has the same schedule right now. No excuse. Both teams were fighting the same battle

jall

Total Posts: 145

Re: 2A Nuclear Conference  10/4/2017 8:04:14 AM score: 0    hide

Personally I get really tired of the harvest break excuses. Its seems like every year there is some school claiming they only lost because of harvest. It gets old.

fan2718

Total Posts: 4

Re: 2A Nuclear Conference  10/4/2017 11:31:14 AM score: 0    hide

Speaking of WJ what is their situation with the running backs at the game it looked like a couple of there good ones are injuried.

rebelforever

Total Posts: 110

Re: Re: 2A Nuclear Conference  10/4/2017 12:30:50 PM score: 0    hide

It is a huge hardship for schools on harvest. If both teams have it I guess it is a wash. I have seen teams look like they are sleep walking during the harvest break games. Kids practicing late at night, or early morning, no real routine. Is it an excuse? Just a fact of living in a rural community! Deal with it. Some schools try to schedule a bye during the break, but it doesn't always fit.

Reply   New Topic