Register  /   My Profile High School   /   College   /   Professional
   Who's On Right Now: Silent Stalkers: 136 | Cool Members: 0
Home > All Categories > High School Sports > Idaho > Idaho High School Football

5A week 7
Reply   New Topic   show replies:   viewing threshhold:

summertime_fan

Total Posts: 1001

5A week 7  10/2/2017 11:46:13 AM score: 0    hide

Some intriguing games to me Highland at Madison - OK I am a home boy with Red tinted glasses - I love my Rams So hint against the dreaded Bobcats I can not pick against the Rams, although I am wondering If Hurricane Jinxed them this year? I have not been impressed with Highland's QB play this year and I was hoping to see better all around play against Bonneville. Although many of the starters were pulled in the 4th quarter. This is against a young but very talented Madison team. I have to believe that Highland's defense is probably the class of the East (although I would like to see better secondary play). Couple that with the fact that Rigby almost held Madison scoreless for the first half (take away a 100 yard pick 6 in the closing seconds of the half the half time score of Rigby Madison would have been 0-0). I believe that Highland can Hold Madison to less than there usual number of points and generate just enough offense to come away with a W. This should be a close game that in all honesty could go either way. The next game in the East is the Rigby Hillcrest game. Both teams are legit, and desperately need the W to stay in contention. Rigby is young and probably up and coming. With that said the defense looked solid against Madison and that was with Togai out. Hillcrest appears to be the more experianced and should be able to slow down Rigby's point generating offense. I believe the Ram's coaches are probably trying to eyeball this game. I will take Hillcrest in a close win at home. Lewiston at CDA - Yankoff rights the ship after last years loss in Lewiston that ultimately cost CDA the first seed in the north and probably a first round exit in the playoffs. By what score? I am not sure but against a young Lewiston team it could be substancial. Enjoy the games!

Hurricane

Total Posts: 881

Re: 5A week 7  10/2/2017 1:02:27 PM score: 0    hide

Hold up here just a moment... last year when I picked Madison, the comment was "you never pick Highland in that game/that's just disrespectful"... now I pick Highland in this game and it's "you jinxed them!".

C'mon now summertime, I can't win here!

popatop

Total Posts: 46

Re: 5A week 7  10/2/2017 1:48:34 PM score: 0    hide

Highland runs 3 fresh guys every play into the huddle... that must be nice. Poky runs its QB to the sideline every play... that must make you tired. I thought Highland looked the best we've seen them look when 16 was benched and 12 ran wildcat. Look, our Rams haven't looked that great this year reflecting more poor QB play and very little rushing attack. Can't argue the defense, and not just Tommy. the LB's get after it. I hope the Rams get a win but if I had dollar bills down. I would take Madison in a close game.

terminator

Total Posts: 827

Re: 5A week 7  10/2/2017 3:20:23 PM score: 0    hide

Not much happening out west (southwest) but this would be as good a place as any to give the Lions of BORAH their props for beating ROCKY last week. Those HAVE NOT victories over the HAVES happen rarely...as I said in an earlier post there has been a big drop in the distance been those groups this year (mostly because I believe those top four SIC programs - MTN VIEW/CAPITAL/ROCKY/EAGLE just don't have the talent they've had in the past years) but regardless, it's tough play that 48 minutes against these top level programs and get the win...we'll see if BORAH can continue the momentum against TIMBERLINE, another squad that has had a fairly competitive season... As for the rest, things should start rounding into form over the rest of month particularly when the pod leaders square off (Eagle at Rocky on the 13th; Borah at Eagle on the 20th; and Capital on Mtn View on the 20th).

Homedepot

Total Posts: 2

Re: 5A week 7  10/2/2017 3:21:34 PM score: 0    hide

Poor QB play????.....25-34 passing (74% completion ) 267 yards 2 TD pass, 1 TD rushing, 1 int. So far this year- 1 great game, 2 good games, 2 rough games.....yes the junior QB has been inconsistent/learning but far from poor. Just saying....

summertime_fan

Total Posts: 1001

Re: Re: 5A week 7  10/2/2017 3:33:39 PM score: 0    hide

It seems like game 1 yes the numbers were very good, Galena not a good team but there was a lot of over thrown balls. Game 2 numbers were not so good against Eagle several picks, and most balls were underthrown. Hard to get a guage against Poky and Century and even Bonneville because the talent in all honesty is not there for the whole game, but against Poky the QB play looked questionable, against Century too many penalties to judge and against Bonneville it looked like they were trying new things to improve the play so to me QB play does not look the same as 3+ years ago. To me it is not up to Highland's standards. Just my 2cents. Yes the QB has a great arm, consistency seems to be where improvement needs to be made.

popatop

Total Posts: 46

Re: Re: 5A week 7  10/2/2017 3:36:26 PM score: 0    hide

Yeah poor play. Thanks for the stats but they prove my point even more so... yes, its been poor play. Matter of fact, pretty sure he was benched after first series and was fueled from a spark that 12 provided to get back into the game and get better. See, even the hungry head coach noticed his "poor play" Inconsistent equals poor play in my opinion. 74% is great indeed, but lets remember the 267 yards in 5 games is an average 53.4 yards a game. 2 passing td's in 5 games? below average and far far far from standard at Highland. Just saying......

Homedepot

Total Posts: 2

Re: 5A week 7  10/2/2017 3:49:23 PM score: 0    hide

Ummm- That's just Bonniville game numbers.....you are, right point proven! Can't argue that math....

Steelah11

Total Posts: 1

Re: 5A week 7  10/2/2017 4:38:00 PM score: 0    hide

I think what you’re saying about highlands Incosistent but not poor QB play is exactly right, highlands defense is the base of this team but a young QB, especially 1st year varsity players, don’t tend to do to well. Speed changes a lot from JV to varsity. But rigby vs hillcrest however, I’m taking rigby, hillcrest doesn’t have a great secondary and Clayton is playing The QB position the best in east idaho consistently. Rigby was without togiai and Austin good their leading receiver last week, expect Braden youngstrom and Austin Good to have good games, hillcrest has to be able to stop the pass after they stop the run, so I’m taking rigby 35-21.

Ravsten

Total Posts: 4526

Re: 5A week 7  10/2/2017 9:02:42 PM score: 0    hide

I'm going to have to say Madison and Rigby both win. Highland is not what they used to be right now. Rigby probably could have beat the Cats but they fell short. Rexburg and Rigby are both going to be makin some noise at state this year.

Reply   New Topic