Register  /   My Profile High School   /   College   /   Professional
   Who's On Right Now: Silent Stalkers: 153 | Cool Members: 0
Home > All Categories > High School Sports > Idaho > Idaho High School Football

5A Week 8
Reply   New Topic   show replies:   viewing threshhold:

summertime_fan

Total Posts: 1001

5A Week 8  10/9/2017 10:21:04 AM score: 0    hide

Highland at Rigby - Still have my glasses on. Highland maybe playing a little better. QB play against Madison looked good and the defense looked really good. Rigby with thier passing attack hasn't seen a defense like this one. The other big match up that I see is Eagle at Rocky Mountain. To me in the SIC Eagle has been the most consistent team. Rocky has been athletic, However, I would have to take Eagle in this one. Should be close. Comment on these two and other games that you see! Do not limit it to these two!

Ravsten

Total Posts: 4526

Re: 5A Week 8  10/9/2017 2:23:03 PM score: 0    hide

Highland in a close one. Rocky over Eagle.

terminator

Total Posts: 827

Re: 5A Week 8  10/10/2017 10:58:00 AM score: 0    hide

The EAGLE at ROCKY game is "the" SIC game this weekend...the Griz really need this one otherwise they are looking like the #3 team out of Pod B. Still not sure of the status of McMullin (the passing QB who has been out) but last week Rocky put their nose to the grindstone and ran all over KUNA and with all that is on the line I think the Griz will put all their chips on "run" vs. the Mustangs...meanwhile over in Pod A, looks like MERIDIAN and COLUMBIA are setting themselves up for a state berth regular season finale, assuming that the Warriors lose to CAPITAL and that the Wildcats beat BOISE. Outside of beating two 4A teams and cellar dweller NAMPA, Columbia hasn't done anything special but if the Wildcats somehow make state at the 5A level after past few years they have had it will be quite a story. Boise has had a horrible season but since they have stopped leaving the ball on the ground they are at least showing signs of life so a Wildcat win is not a given. Have a good weekend...

mustygriz

Total Posts: 487

Re: 5A Week 8  10/11/2017 8:33:01 AM score: 0    hide

All hands are available for Rocky, including the QB. Rocky also gets the big OL/DL BSU recruit back as well. He only get time in the first of half of Mtn View so should be interesting to see if he is healthy. Want to avoid the #3 in the pod, will end up going up North to play the loser of the CDA vs Post Falls loser.

terminator

Total Posts: 827

Re: Re: 5A Week 8  10/11/2017 9:50:02 AM score: 0    hide

Thanks MG for the update. ROCKY is going to need all oars in the water for this one.

fan2912

Total Posts: 1152

Re: 5A Week 8  10/11/2017 10:17:26 AM score: 0    hide

I can not see why Highland is getting overlooked so much just because of a week 2 lose to a good Eagle team. If there would be something I would pick on it would be their schedule. Looks pretty weak in my opinion. I wish they would find a way to play more Boise area teams. I know its a long drive but they should work something out to meet in Twin and play. Wonder if Highland enjoys flying under the radar or if its a hit to the ego. For years they were the ones with the target on their back.

summertime_fan

Re: Re: 5A Week 8  10/11/2017 11:10:43 AM score: 0    hide

They were supposed to play Capital this year, but it got cancelled because of smoke in the Boise Valley.

mustygriz

Total Posts: 487

Re: 5A Week 8  10/11/2017 12:02:13 PM score: 0    hide

Fan, sorry but Highland does not fly under the radar. It hurt both Highland and Capital that the game between them got canceled, would have been a good gauge for both teams. Believe me when the SIC power teams know about Highland and the tough team that is year in and year out.

RefBouncer

Total Posts: 210

Re: 5A Week 8  10/11/2017 12:54:52 PM score: 0    hide

So I'm going against the grain here and picking the Trojans in a close one. Rigby is very balanced with Youngstrom in the backfield and Good (who didn't play against Madison) and Fullmer, most exciting player on the field, doesn't get the targets IMO, at the WR. Clayton is a solid QB, made some bad decisions against Madison, but is playing well. Rigby has a couple of Togia's of their own, a Falevei and a Franz that make up a pretty good DL of their own. Highland put it on the Bobcats, but I think they will meet their match come Friday. Rigby 40-35

summertime_fan

Re: Re: 5A Week 8  10/11/2017 12:56:24 PM score: 0    hide

Griz - I was not the one that said that Highland flies under the radar. That cancelled game definitely hurt both teams. I was just pointing out the fact that Highland tries to schedule good games. With the cancelled game this year made their schedule look weak. The season opener this year Galena was supposed to be good, We both know about Eagle, and Capital is always supposed to be there. This year Galena was not good, Eagle rolled on Highland bad QB play and inconsistencies, and the Capital game got cancelled. This should have been a decent schedule. Sorry for the rant I just noticed that the other person's name was Fan...

Reply   New Topic