Register  /   My Profile High School   /   College   /   Professional
   Who's On Right Now: Silent Stalkers: 3297 | Cool Members: 0
Home > All Categories > High School Sports > Idaho > Idaho High School GIRLS Basketball

3A
Reply   New Topic   show replies:   viewing threshhold:

under the lights

Total Posts: 33

3A  11/20/2017 12:39:01 PM score: 0    hide

Timberlake in the North, Sugar and Snake in the east and Parma in the west. Not sure on district 4 this year. Should be fun

Ron Burgundy

Total Posts: 110

Re: 3A  11/21/2017 8:26:25 AM score: 0    hide

Snake will be very good this year. A great senior point guard and a very good freshman post. Sugar will have to work to be the best in the east. Seems to me Timberlake lost a very talent senior group. They had some nice younger players, but difficult to replace two of the best players in 3A.

axes

Total Posts: 373

Sugar Basketball  1/1/2018 10:20:46 AM score: 0    hide

Well the season is better than halfway over and there has been two posts about 3a girls basketball. I watched Sugar handily defeat Bishop Kelly in the championship of the Jerry Callen Memorial girls championship a couple of days ago. Sugar JV's looked even more impressive in their championship game and I was told their freshman team are also undefeated. B-Kelly gave Eagle one of their few close games this year and are one of the top teams in 4a. I have heard there are a couple of (big time) Jr High girls at Sugar as well. If true they are going to have a dynasty in Sugar for the next four years. The most impressive thing I saw was the depth on the JV as three or four of those girls looked like they would be starting on most 4a varsity teams.

under the lights

Re: 3A  1/2/2018 11:22:01 AM score: 0    hide

Yes I would agree Sugar looks tough. As a fan from the North I see Timberlake right there with them. Tough loss to Cashmere #1 ranked 1A school in Washington state 56-52. Timberlake lead the whole game til the last minute. Pushed East Valley #8 ranked Washington state team in the entire state all classifications to a double OT loss. Played poorly against Lewiston. The concern would be can Timberlake finish in the close games. Got the right coach and a great mix of players. I see that state bracket sets up for these 2 to meet in the semi's. Bummer

Ron Burgundy

Re: Re: 3A  2/12/2018 4:09:57 PM score: 0    hide

under the lights looking at this years brackets I agree that the best game will be in the Semi's. The winner of the Sugar-Timberlake game will be your champ. On the lower bracket, Snake got a favorable draw and should be the representative in the championship from the bottom bracket. They should be able to get by South in the Semi's. Once again a good team from the East is left out in Marsh Valley, who beat Snake twice in the regular season. Bonners from the North and Homedale from West should be easy wins for Sugar and Snake. Timberlake will blow out Buhl. South/Parma is a pick 'em, but I'll pick South to win that one.

under the lights

Re: 3A  2/13/2018 10:10:27 AM score: 0    hide

I think your spot on Burgandy. Expect a great semi final game between Timberlake and Sugar. Who can hit the 3's and get transition points will be your winner assuming timberlake can be somewhat effective inside. I think they will.

slim101

Total Posts: 73

Re: 3A  2/13/2018 1:09:12 PM score: 0    hide

It's too bad Sugar/Timberlake are not on opposite sides of the bracket. Not sure I would call a 8-16 Marsh team, a team that should be in the tournament.

TrainingTable

Total Posts: 316

Re: 3A  2/13/2018 5:28:22 PM score: 0    hide

I'm not sure the South/Parma will be a pickem' game. Parma is 20-3 with an avg margin of victory of 25.25 points. More like Parma by 30.
And then they will manhandle Snake and give Sugar or Timberlake all they want.

TT

under the lights

Re: 3A  2/14/2018 11:02:08 AM score: 0    hide

I tend to agree TT. Parma beats SF and then Snake to make the finals. Got lucky dodging SS and Timberlake before the finals for sure.

Ron Burgundy

Re: Re: 3A  2/14/2018 11:52:18 AM score: 0    hide

Parma is 20-3 against whom? They beat a bad 4A Jerome team that lost to Filer which South beat handily to get in the tournament. Beat an OK Vallivue and mediocre Emmett team. Just think they have an inflated record is all. Not that any of this matters because it is Sugar or Timberlake's tournament to win or lose. IMO

Reply   New Topic