Register  /   My Profile High School   /   College   /   Professional
   Who's On Right Now: Silent Stalkers: 1561 | Cool Members: 1
Home > All Categories > High School Sports > Idaho > Idaho High School BOYS Basketball

4A & 5A
Reply   New Topic   show replies:   viewing threshhold:

LostInThoughts

Total Posts: 64

4A & 5A  11/26/2017 8:43:32 PM score: 0    hide

Who are the Preseason Favorites? I think in 5A Post Falls seems to have a strong team..Am I wrong? In 4a, Preston has to be the favorite to win it all. Full disclosure, I am from Eastern Idaho, so I am more familiar with the teams over here. Also, I'm even more familiar with the 4A teams from the High Country Conference. I'll take a stab at what I expect and hopefully there will be others that chime in from around the state. 4A High Country Conference: 1st Preston, 2nd Idaho Falls 3rd Skyline 4th Century 5th Blackfoot and 6th Pocatello. I think IF and Skyline will battle out the 2nd berth to state.

axes

Total Posts: 373

Re: 4A & 5A  11/26/2017 9:45:53 PM score: 0    hide

Skyline is right behind Preston and athletically a nightmare matchup based on the team I saw this summer. Century would be the 3rd place team ahead of Idaho Falls.

Hoodlum

Total Posts: 171

Re: Re: 4A & 5A  11/27/2017 9:17:43 AM score: 0    hide

I know its early and hard to put much on it, but I see that Skyline put it to Bonneville and Century had their way with Twin. I figured that Twin would be better than that, their 2 bigs should have matured and figured it out, but maybe they haven't. Century doesn't have much in the way of size.

axes

Re: 4A & 5A  11/27/2017 12:09:47 PM score: 0    hide

Century has 6'7" Rogers who was on the bench with stupid fouls (he has some talent) and Preston Meyerhofer a two year starter for Twin apparently did not come out. His cousin Drew along with 2 other players were out with injuries I suspect. I knew Twin would miss the horsepower of guards Molina and Richardson to graduation and they will likely not contend this year in the 4th. Twins jvs are weak and Centurys jv and frosh are talented. Century has a really bright future. I really like Harwell who continues to improve and the 6'5" freshman insures a bright future next year. Skyline is likely better than all the 5a teams in the east.

axes

Re: 4A & 5A  11/27/2017 12:31:35 PM score: 0    hide

Rocky will be up there with Post Falls in 5a. Burley and Minico will dominate the 4th. Minico will have four sophomores play big minutes and will contend with Burley at state. Burley lacks some horsepower inside but have a great addition in soph guard Whiting who debued with 18 in a tight game with Preston. They have the best guard in the state in Ryan Bagley and a solid 6'10" post in Ferrin. Preston returns four starters but will miss a little horsepower in Hymas. They have two very good sophs in Hyde and Smellie and are again the team to beat in the 4a ranks.

hoopsfanatic

Total Posts: 21

Re: 4A & 5A  11/27/2017 2:21:00 PM score: 0    hide

5A Rocky,Boise, Post Falls are my top 3 with Lewiston, Borah and Mt. View coming in strong. Preston has got to be front runner, but agree Burley could be strong with Bagley. Glad it's finally here.

Hoodlum

Re: Re: 4A & 5A  11/27/2017 2:47:28 PM score: 1    hide

5A for the eastside Highland,Hillcrest, Bonneville,Rigby, Madison.

I think Highland has a chance to compete with Rocky and Boise, depends on how they mesh. Lots of experience and athletes but no leadership. Can the Seniors Carr and Crane figure it out? That will be the deciding factor if they can compete against the West.

Rocky lost a lot, but from everyone else it sounds like the had some depth from last year

4A I think Skyline gives Preston a run, but Preston, Skyline, Century/Idaho Falls, Blackfoot and Poky.

If Century figures it out I think they have a good shot at beating IF BF and Poky, they have been good on offense, its the defensive end that's hurt them. I know IF has some size, but judging by their game against Rigby offense is not coming easy to them. Blackfoot and Poky both look to be having a rebuild year. and Preston beats Skyline because of their stout defense and Skyline beats Preston because of their high scoring offense.

there you have it set in stone, to early to tell Hoodlums preseason picks. chalk it up and lets start state tournament right now.

axes

Re: 4A & 5A  11/27/2017 3:37:08 PM score: 0    hide

I don't think any team is unbeatable, Preston is not as big or athletic. Same is true of Burley with there best athlete being Bagley loosing a 6'7" and 6'4 big. Saw Skyline handle Burley this summer and think they were missing a key player. No one has their speed and athleticism while on paper they look ordinary. Madison has a pretty athletic group similar to Skyline with little height but some kids who can get after it defensively. The two Ranstrom brothers make Rocky elite, Preston beat them this summer in the final big tournament. Need a report on BK and Middleton, Vallivue? who did they lose and pickup what happened to their state sensation wing who had such an incredible game against Burley in the first game at state? Lots of big games early Rocky and Capital going to Preston tournament in mid December.

hoopsfanatic

Total Posts: 21

Re: 4A & 5A  11/27/2017 4:17:44 PM score: 0    hide

Bk it will be left up to Rice,IMO, Vallivue lost Fitts, but have a pretty good senior shooter who's name I can't remember. The junior sensation from last year is back, great athlete, quick and can jump. Those are about the only 2 Vallivue will have. Middleton lost big time to Boise on Sat, but Skyline beat Centennial(they lost just about everyone from last year) So wno knows really how this season will go. I said it this summer, lots of equal talent across the board, gonna make for some fun games and exciting seasons.

Hoodlum

Re: Re: 4A & 5A  11/27/2017 4:22:32 PM score: 0    hide

Gotta love some early basketball, Highland and Madison head east to play boise and borah. Axes I don't think Madison will be good this year, they were horrible this summer and they weren't missing anyone. Preston with some big games this week against BK and Skyview. Century plays Burley this week as well, should be some sloppy ball played by the end of this week, but maybe we will have a better idea where things shake out.

Reply   New Topic