Register  /   My Profile High School   /   College   /   Professional
   Who's On Right Now: Silent Stalkers: 831 | Cool Members: 0
Home > All Categories > High School Sports > Idaho > Idaho High School Wrestling

Tiger Grizz Tournament
Reply   New Topic   show replies:   viewing threshhold:

#1Palestra

Total Posts: 135

Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/21/2018 3:58:57 PM score: 0    hide

What does everyone think about this years Tournament?

idahowrestler2001

Total Posts: 4

Re: Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/21/2018 8:12:06 PM score: 0    hide

Sebastian Peterson from Borah at 120's showed up strong again after a great Rollie Lane performance. Darrick Stacey wrestled like a monster, pinning every opponent in under 4 minutes

#1Palestra

Total Posts: 135

Re: Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/21/2018 11:09:32 PM score: 0    hide

Borah's Heavy weight was very impressive. How does he find any wrestling partners to go with him and then still keep them around after he demolishes them?

Leverage

Total Posts: 175

Re: Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/21/2018 11:45:25 PM score: 0    hide

I was really impressed with Hobbs in his finals match with Ford at 170. He control the whole match. Hobbs is the real deal.

And the heavy man from Borah. WOW!

I thought the Shelley front runners looked good. Stacey, Call, and Balmforth. Stacey killed good wrestlers at 113.

Summers beating Lincoln down at 120 was a match that I didn't expect to see. Summers and Stacey must have coordinated to go down. That is still the match I would like to happen.

I thought that Ramos had the takedown on Kesl. But I didn't have the perfect view of the line. That one was fun to watch.

Hudson with the 15-0 tech in the final against Burrell. That was a Wow too.

Sargent maybe wrestled 3 total mins in the whole tourney. Dominated.

idahowrestler2001

Total Posts: 4

Re: Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/22/2018 8:45:50 AM score: 0    hide

Stacey did destroy everyone at 113, but looking at the bracket, it was pretty easy competition. I don't see anyone in that bracket that is or could have been a threat.

BugJuice

Total Posts: 42

Re: Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/22/2018 9:00:12 AM score: 0    hide

Stacy is a great wrestler no question. He is a big 113 lb wrestler. I would be interested to hear if he has even had a scratch weigh in at 113. There should be a rule that you can't have the allowance if you haven't made scratch three times. Overall the tourney was well run I thought and we were able to see some good kids wrestle. It is always nice for us in the east to see other kids. As an older wrestling fan, it sure would be nice to see the Tiger-Grizz get back to what it used to be competition wise. Hats off to a solid Sugar team that won the tourney with no champions. When was the last time a 3A school won?

Lostfarmer2

Total Posts: 449

Re: Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/22/2018 1:51:42 PM score: 0    hide

LaRose and Sargent have had some really good matches. According to Track, Sargent beat LaRose 9-4 this time and 16-10 the last time they wrestled at HCC Duals.  Both times the matches were closer until LaRose gave up a takedown trying to score late.  Two very active big men.  Sargent is more polished but LaRose has at least scored and made a match of it.

Moulton-Kesl 126 in the semi's was a fun match from a fan point of view.  Two kids getting after it.  Some great scrambles and exchanges.  I could watch that match 3 or 4 times. 

Borah big man is an animal.  I think the best match he had was in the semi's  Noticed several crazy seeding deals but such is Tiger-Grizz. 

Hobbs and Ford was good.  I would pay the price of admission on that one. 

Several weights had better semi matches than finals.  I don't know that seeding matters all that much as long as the kids are dispersed top and bottom.  Couple brackets loaded up kids.  Not sure how some seeds were drawn up but I want some of the good stuff that was smoked in the seeding meeting.

guntoter

Total Posts: 139

Re: Re: Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/22/2018 2:00:34 PM score: 0    hide

Heavy weight is the weakest weight class this year. That senior class last year was something else.

guntoter

Total Posts: 139

Re: Re: Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/22/2018 2:02:49 PM score: 0    hide

Larose doesn't have size he has height. Sargant is a far superior wrestler. Larose should be happy he is 3A.

Lostfarmer2

Total Posts: 449

Re: Tiger Grizz Tournament  1/22/2018 2:02:57 PM score: 0    hide

Bug-Juice.  I noticed several of the Wyoming teams wrestled kids down a weight.  I would guess with the allowance and the extra because of competition the day before they only had to make 3 or 4 pounds over.  I doubt anyone even checked to see if they were certified to that low.  Not a big deal but there were some large kids in weights. 

I would love to see Stacey and Summers but I doubt it happens.  Summers doesn't want to mess with Stacey and I don't blame him.  That is a nasty Stacey runs.

Congratulation to Sugar.  A solid team top to bottom.  I think Copley (I love the kid) was a benefit of a bracket break.  He and the Bonn kid had a great match in the semis until the Bonn kid want big in the last 15 seconds and landed on his back.  Good for him for trying to win instead of bear dancing to a 2-3 loss. 

Glad to see Salmon bring a couple studs.  I wish we would see more teams bring their best even if they don't have a full team.

Reply   New Topic