Register  /   My Profile High School   /   College   /   Professional
   Who's On Right Now: Silent Stalkers: 1548 | Cool Members: 1
Home > All Categories > High School Sports > Idaho > Idaho High School BOYS Basketball

Who ya got in the Nuke?
Reply   New Topic   show replies:   viewing threshhold:

Bluedog

Total Posts: 96

Who ya got in the Nuke?  2/6/2018 3:54:16 PM score: 0    hide

3 teams possible to be the #1 seed going into districts. What order are you picking and why?

Sportsfan18

Total Posts: 54

Re: Who ya got in the Nuke?  2/7/2018 12:01:34 PM score: 0    hide

I think the Nuke is pretty interesting. I think the clear favorite is Ririe. I like them the most because they have size and shooters. They also have some good experience on the team and I think that could be important down the stretch. Firth and North Fremont are clearly the two battling for the second spot at state coming out of the Nuke. North Fremont has a good group of athletes, but depend on Hawkes and Hansen for 95% of their offense. NF is also very undisciplined and seem to not have the best conditioning. They also lack an experienced coach with a good knowledge of the game and these situations. Firth doesn't have the same athletes, they have a little more size, and a better coach. I haven't watched Firth play a lot this season, but I do know what Firth basketball is all about. They have a mental edge, they expect to win, and they are generally a disciplined team. If Firth can limit Hawkes and Hansen's impact on the game Firth will take this spot, if Hawkes and Hansen have good games I am taking North Fremont based solely on these two athletes

goatman

Total Posts: 1597

Re: Who ya got in the Nuke?  2/7/2018 12:34:55 PM score: 0    hide

Ririe 1st Firth 2nd and NF 3rd. However 2018-19 district champs will be NF.

sunshine 22

Total Posts: 6

Re: Who ya got in the Nuke?  2/7/2018 3:01:48 PM score: 0    hide

Uh....not unless they get a new coach. And soon!

Sportsfan18

Re: Who ya got in the Nuke?  2/7/2018 5:10:11 PM score: 0    hide

I agree Sunshine, North Fremont would probably be the favorite this year with a different coach as well

Sportsfan18

Re: Who ya got in the Nuke?  2/8/2018 3:14:41 PM score: 0    hide

I had the chance to attend the game between NF and Salmon as a fan indifferent to the result of the game, but just a fun way to spend a Wednesday evening. Although this wasn't a competitive game I was very disappointed in somethings I saw. First, North Fremont is winning by 30 points and they put on a full court press. I think this is only the second or third time they have pressed a team all year. Second, NF keeps their starters in until two minutes left in the fourth like they are trying to prove something. They are winning by 30 points and they are still running the ball in transition and shooting 3's like their life depends on it. I give a lot of props to the Salmon coach for being a great man and not freaking out. After the game ends I am headed for the exit and I see NF coach grab a broom and start shouting something about them sweeping Salmon. To me this was just complete disrespect and embarrassing for the community of Ashton. After watching such poor sportsmanship from the coach of NF, after he is all about "the show", I would like to see Firth advance to State over North Fremont. I understand this isn't the kids fault but Coach Miller has a lot of people rooting against him.

Sportsfan18

Re: Who ya got in the Nuke?  2/12/2018 12:06:28 PM score: 0    hide

I guess it the seeding is set. Ririe 1, Firth 2, and NF 3. I look for this to be the finishing order of the district tournament as well.

Reb60

Total Posts: 236

Re: Who ya got in the Nuke?  2/13/2018 4:55:32 PM score: 0    hide

Any upset predictions for tonight? Salmon threw a monkey wrench into the conference standings with an upset in football. Can lightning strike twice?

Reply   New Topic